Friday, November 2, 2012

Christin's Quote Book


From P.G. Wodehouse

  • “She looked as if she had been poured into her clothes and had forgotten to say, 'When.'”
  • “I know I was writing stories when I was five. I don't know what I did before that. Just loafed, I suppose.”
  • “Mike nodded. A sombre nod. The nod Napoleon might have given if somebody had met him in 1812 and said, 'So, you're back from Moscow, eh?'”
  • “It was one of those parties where you cough twice before you speak and then decide not to say it after all.”
  • “Chumps always make the best husbands. When you marry, Sally, grab a chump. Tap his head first, and if it rings solid, don't hesitate. All the unhappy marriages come from husbands having brains. What good are brains to a man? They only unsettle him.” 
  • “The drowsy stillness of the afternoon was shattered by what sounded to his strained senses like G.K. Chesterton falling on a sheet of tin.”


No comments:

Post a Comment