Thursday, June 23, 2011

20 Things Your Son Ought to Hear You Say

  1. No, you can’t have that right now.
  2. Did you ask if you could help?
  3. You may not speak to your mother that way.
  4. You may not speak to your brother or sister that way.
  5. You need to redo that job until it’s done right.
  6. You’re going to finish that job.
  7. That’s not good enough.
  8. If you said you would do it, then you’re going to do it.
  9. No, you can’t quit.
  10. Yes, you’re going to go.
  11. You don’t have to like it, but you do have to eat it.
  12. Look him in the eye.
  13. Start over.
  14. No, you can’t play a game.
  15. Have you sent your “Thank You” notes yet?
  16. I love you.
  17. I’m proud of you.
  18. Well done!
  19. You’re becoming a man.
  20. I’m sure you can handle it without me.

1 comment:

  1. That was great! I think every father ought to look this over from time to time. Good job!

    ReplyDelete