Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Religious Connexion

“It is obviously incumbent on the members of any community, whether civil or sacred, to acquaint themselves with its constitution and design; without this, they can neither adequately enjoy the privi­leges, nor properly discharge the duties, which their membership brings with it. Such persons are held more by feeling than by principle; a tenure quite insufficient, as a bond of religious connexion.”

[John Angell James, The Church Member’s Guide, (1839), p. 9]

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious to find out what blog platform you have been working with? I'm having some minor security problems
    with my latest blog and I'd like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any recommendations?

    Also visit my webpage Trees stump

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stumbled over here different website and thought I might
    as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following
    you. Look forward to finding out about your web page again.


    Feel free to surf to my blog post - produces

    ReplyDelete